Bluefish Regulations Ny 2020, 2002 Ford Explorer Bolt Pattern, Java 11 Class Newinstance Deprecated, Aloha Nyc Surf School, Cosmopolitan Vacation Packages, Raw Crunch Bar Discount Code, Graco Tranzitions 3-in-1 Harness Booster Car Seat In Kennedy, Ancient Jewelry History, " /> Bluefish Regulations Ny 2020, 2002 Ford Explorer Bolt Pattern, Java 11 Class Newinstance Deprecated, Aloha Nyc Surf School, Cosmopolitan Vacation Packages, Raw Crunch Bar Discount Code, Graco Tranzitions 3-in-1 Harness Booster Car Seat In Kennedy, Ancient Jewelry History, " />

Pineapple Media Group

Editing

sweet potato with pecans and brown sugar

In a bowl combine the brown sugar, flour, 2 tablespoons softened butter, and the chopped pecans. Your email address will not be published. In a separate small mixing bowl, add the brown sugar, flour, and pecans. Bake in the preheated oven until heated through and the topping begins to brown; about 35 minutes. Do not overlap the sweet potatoes. Notify me of follow-up comments by email. Crumble it over the sweet potato … Sprinkle the topping over the sweet potato mixture in an even layer. Cook sweet potatoes in large pot of boiling water until tender, about 15 minutes. There are several methods to roasting sweet potatoes, but to me, the easiest way is to roast them in the oven as you would a regular baked potato. Using an electric mixer on low, blend the potatoes until they start to smooth out. Mix well until it resembles coarse meal; then spread on top of the potatoes. Add in the sugar, eggs, half-n-half, sweetened condensed milk, melted butter, cinnamon, nutmeg, vanilla, and salt. Preparation. It just helps us afford to do what we do here at TheMountainKitchen.com. Here’s how I make it…. That’s some major progress. UNITS: US. Serves: 6-8 Prep Time: 5 minutes Cooking Time: 30 minutes 30 minutes. My name is Debbie Spivey and this is my husband David. There is no extra cost to you for clicking! Pat dry with paper towels. https://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/coconut-pecan-sweet-potatoes The Mountain Kitchen is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.There is no extra cost to you for clicking! Hasselback Sweet Potatoes are thinly sliced, slathered in a brown sugar, butter, and cinnamon sauce, and then roasted in the oven until perfectly crisp and tender! Required fields are marked *. This is one of my favorite Thanksgiving side dishes and has made an appearance at my family Thanksgiving for many years. The real reason why butter is needed (besides the fact that butter is AMAZING) is that it acts as a glue. Stir in the pecans, then sprinkle the crumble topping over the sweet potatoes. 16 People talking Join In Now Join the conversation! Monthly Newsletters Only! Discard the skins. If it does, let us know what you think. I may be forced to eat a casserole smothered in marshmallows this year because I’m not in charge of the sweet potatoes. Mash the warm potatoes along with butter, cream, vanilla extract, brown sugar, salt, 1/2 cup maple … There … Holiday Kitchen Sweet Potato Casserole with Brown Sugar Pecan Crumble European. Set aside. Remove casserole from oven and stir gently to coat potatoes in syrup. I prefer a simple slow baked sweet potato with butter, salt, and pepper – heaven! Transfer to he prepared casserole, and bake, stirring 2 or 3 times, until potatoes are caramelized and bubbly, 30 to 35 minutes. The sweet potatoes bake up soft and fluffy and the crunchy topping makes it irresistible. It was hit there and a hit at my house. Trust me, everyone will want this recipe! Did you try this recipe? How to Cook and Mash the Sweet Potatoes Slit them open to cool if using right away; about 30 minutes. Throw on a bit of coarsely chopped pecans just before serving as an impressive side at your next Thanksgiving or holiday party. Spoon the mixture onto the 8 sweet-potato halves. Reduce the oven temperature to 350 degrees F. When the potatoes are cool, scoop the sweet potato out of their skins and into a large mixing bowl. You can bake the sweet potatoes in advance or go ahead and prepare the whole dish in advance, if desired. My daughter would love this….she loves that casserole with the marshmallows! Candied Southern and Sweet stove top sweet potatoes smothered and cooked in brown sugar and butter are the traditional sweet potatoes of your childhood. My coworkers gave me lots of compliments on it. My partner's wife sent this last year to our Thanksgiving luncheon at work. Microwave on HIGH for 12 minutes until done. We can’t wait to see them! Hey! Place the sweet potatoes in a 2-quart casserole dish; then make the topping. You’re looking for the mixture to resemble crumbs. Would love your thoughts, please comment. Grease an 8×8 casserole dish with butter. Alternatively, roast the sweet potato slices in a 375 F oven for about 25 minutes. I am the author and photographer here at The Mountain Kitchen, where I share delicious homemade recipes using clean food ingredients, and stories about mountain life. I’ll just have to suck it up…and scrape off the topping!!! More on that in the next section. Thanks for your support! Topping: Combine the butter, brown sugar, flour, pecans, and salt in … I DID IT! Scrub, but do not peel, the potatoes. In a medium bowl, combine the brown sugar, butter, and pecans (if using). 4 . Perini Ranch Steakhouse Southern Sweet Potatoes with Brown Sugar Pecans. I was thrilled that everyone enjoyed it so much. Stir in pecans and marshmallows. INGREDIENTS Nutrition. Put the sweet … Give this recipe a star rating, leave a comment below and share pictures of your food with us on Instagram, Facebook or Twitter! When I called him out on it he said: “it’s ok”. B.O.B. Drain; transfer potatoes to large bowl and add butter. Scrub sweet potatoes, peel, and dice into 1-2 inch cubes. Bake the casserole in the preheated oven for about 45 to 55 minutes. I’ve never really understood why this isn’t a dessert, but it is acceptable as either. This vegan sweet potato casserole with pecans is decadent and rich with vegan butter, brown sugar, and pecans. Mix well to evenly coat sweet potatoes. Sprinkle the topping over the sweet potato mixture in an even layer. Transfer potatoes to a large mixing bowl. Servings Per Recipe: 6 * Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Boiling chunks of sweet potatoes just adds more moisture. “Sweet Dirt” — that is David’s interpretation of sweet potatoes tastes like. Let it cool (because we will be adding eggs) and then combined mashed sweet potatoes with the following ingredients: Eggs; Brown sugar; Unsalted butter; Vanilla extract; Pantry-friendly, straight-forward ingredients. Thanks for your support! As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Then he said that the topping was amazing. Bring a few inches of water to a boil in a pot with a large steamer basket in place. The sweet potato condenses and caramelizes in the oven, producing superior flavor. So funny! Add butter, pecans, flour, brown sugar, and cinnamon to food processor or a blender and pulse until just combined. I could have dropped some off at your house! Remove from the oven and allow them to cool. Set aside. It just helps us afford to do what we do here at TheMountainKitchen.com. It will be sort of a wet, clumpy mixture. This post may contain Amazon or other affiliate links. Perfect for all your holiday celebrations and easy to make in advance, so it's celebration-ready when you are. Bake in the preheated oven until heated through and the topping begins to brown; about 35 minutes. Bake for ~40 minutes, or until sweet potatoes are tender. I’m not that big of a fan, but this is my favorite sweet potato dish. Melt the butter, then toss with the brown sugar, flour, salt. Meanwhile, combine the butter, sugar, and pecans. Get a copy when you sign up for our newsletter! Mix well until smooth. If you are not making this during the holidays, just pretend like it is the holidays after all. Use an electric mixer on low, blend the potatoes until they start to smooth out. Set aside. Grease an 8×8 inch casserole dish with butter. Have a Happy Thanksgiving! Once the sweet potatoes are done cooking, remove from the oven, uncover, and sprinkle the brown sugar pecan mixture on top. Step 4 Add the pecans to the sweet-potato mixture, and gently stir to combine. For the topping, in a separate medium mixing bowl using a fork stir together flour, brown sugar, cinnamon and pecans (break up brown sugar clumps with fingertips as needed). I don’t like the marshmallow version either…. Your daughter will never eat the marshmallow version again if she tries this one. We live on the side of the Blue Ridge Mountains, in Virginia. Meanwhile, mix flour, remaining 1/4 cup brown sugar and remaining 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice in medium bowl. Sweet potato cubes are smothered in butter, brown sugar, warm cinnamon and a pinch of ginger then oven roasted until creamy and tender. <3, Your email address will not be published. There are several methods to roasting sweet potatoes, but to me the easiest way is to roast them in the oven as you would a regular baking potato. It is a special occasion sweet side dish that will compliment your family’s holiday table. READY IN: 40mins. Join our mailing list to receive the latest recipes! We’re fans of just sliced sweet potatoes and apples with some butter and a bit of brown sugar. This concentrates the flavor and you can do this ahead of time if needed. Disclosure. Pierce each potato with a fork a few times (keeps the potato from exploding in the oven). Boil sweet potatoes in water for 20 minutes, drain when they are done, and mash them. Add chopped pecans and brown sugar to the sweet potatoes. You should have seen the surprised look on his face when he took the first bite of my sweet potato casserole. Add the remaining 2 tablespoons brown sugar and the pecans. Served with fresh whipped cream, this dessert definitely deserves a spot on your Thanksgiving menu. Pierce them in several places with a fork. Pour the sweet potato mixture into the casserole dish and spread out into an even layer. They’re also easily adaptable to be gluten-free, vegan, and Paleo, too! It helps t… Mash the potatoes up with your hands or a potato masher. Add in the sugar, eggs, half-n-half, sweetened condensed milk, melted butter, cinnamon, nutmeg, vanilla, and salt. They get super creamy this way! Using a fork, toss the mixture with melted butter, breaking up any large clumps that may form. I cannot tell you how, but I finally got David to taste my sweet potato casserole!! The amazing pecan topping is then added to the the sweet … LOL! I’ll keep picking at David until he can willfully eat this sweet potato casserole on his own. Casserole. Bake pie on lowest rack of oven until filling is set, about 50 minutes. This concentrates the flavor and you can do this ahead of time if needed. This homemade sweet potato pie is sweetened solely with dark brown sugar and flavored with warm fall spices, so you already know it’s good! Np Spam. No marshmallows needed (but you could certainly add) to enjoy this easy to make side dish that compliments so many main dish dinners and holiday meals. Heat in oven until the potatoes are hot and the sugar and nuts are browned, about 20 to 25 minutes. The ULTIMATE Sweet Potato Casserole! Your daily values may be higher or lower … The Mountain Kitchen is a participant in the Millican Pecan Company Affiliate Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn commission by advertising and linking to MillicanPecans.com. We just want to share yummy food with you! Cover the dish with aluminum foil and bake for 45 minutes or until the sweet potatoes are tender. Pour the sweet potato mixture into the casserole dish and spread out into an even layer. It has taken me 20 years to get him to try this casserole. The sweet potatoes in this Sweet Potato Casserole bake up soft and fluffy and the crunchy topping makes it irresistible. When the potatoes are cool, scoop the sweet potato out of their skins and into a large mixing bowl. Cut in remaining 2 tablespoons butter with fork until crumbly. Serve immediately. Ingredients. Bring to a boil and cook for about 12 minutes, or until just tender. Hey Debbie! I hope this sweet potato casserole makes it to your holiday table this season. How to Make Sweet Potato Casserole with Marshmallows and Pecans. Add brown sugar, chopped pecans and melted butter to sweet potatoes. Subscription Options Remove the sweet … In a large bowl, combine the sweet potatoes, butter, sugar, eggs, vanilla, cinnamon, salt and cream or milk and mix until creamy. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or aluminum foil. Discard the skins. Bake the sweet potato casserole with pecan topping until the top is lightly golden brown, the edges are set, and the center is mostly set. Bake 45 minutes or until potatoes are slightly tender. Mix well until smooth. Don’t forget to mention. It’s just too sweet and my family won’t eat it. cups mashed sweet potatoes. Perfect side for the holidays or any day! 1 ⁄ 4. cup sugar. This southern-classic recipe begins with tender roasted sweet potatoes blended together with butter and cinnamony goodness and topped with a crunchy buttery pecan brown sugar streusel. Place the sweet potato slices in a saucepan and cover with water. It works for me all the time. It sits atop a buttery homemade pie crust and is a true Southern favorite. And place on the prepared baking sheet. The Mountain Kitchen Beef Brisket – How To Smoke On A Charcoal Grill, Easy Lentil Soup {A Meatless Monday Recipe, Pumpkin-Apple Soup {A Meatless Monday Recipe, Holiday Chocolate Bark with Dried Cherries and Pistachios. Send Me Everything! Comment below! Sweet Potato Casserole w/Coconut Pecan topping. Using a fork, toss the mixture with melted butter, breaking up any large clumps that may form. Serve hot or warm. Then, since it is, after all, the holidays, we melt butter and pour it onto the sweet potatoes. In a heavy skillet, combine brown sugar, water, butter, and salt. I took this casserole to a company potluck once and it was devoured. He liked it. https://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/sweet-potato-casserole-with-pecans While the sweet potatoes bake, in a large bowl combine all the topping ingredients until it has a crumbly texture (I typically use my hands to mix it and achieve the crumbly texture). I think sweet potatoes are an acquired taste….we never, ever ate them growing up….but I love them now! To make the topping, stir together the melted butter, brown sugar, flour, and pecans. Make sweet potatoes: Preheat oven to 400°F. Home » Side Dishes » Sweet Potato Casserole With Pecan Brown Sugar Topping, As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Recipe by Mysterygirl. Learn how your comment data is processed. Pour butter … Bake until tender; 45 minutes to an hour, turning the potatoes over about halfway through. This Brown Sugar Pecan Roasted Sweet Potatoes recipe is delicious and easy to make! I had to send some with David to work and I still have a little bit left. In a separate small mixing bowl, add the brown sugar, flour, and pecans. Transfer sweet potatoes to a baking sheet, and spread them out. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the pecans have been coated and have caramelized, about 3 minutes. Use a vegetable brush to wash the potatoes under cool running water. Loaded with fresh sweet potatoes, brown sugar, pumpkin pie spice, chopped pecans, and a special secret ingredient, this casserole is crunchy, creamy, sweet, and so delicious. If crust browns too quickly, tent … SERVES: 8-10. Only 4 ingredients! Nutrition facts: 200 calories 20 grams fat. Regardless of which cooking method you choose for your sweet potatoes, once they are tender, all you need to do to make the sweet potato part of this dish is to mash or whip the soft sweet potatoes with butter, milk, brown sugar… Mix with your fingers until crumbly; sprinkle over sweet potatoes. Baking takes longer than boiling, but it’s easy and worth the wait. Sweet Potato Casserole With Pecan Brown Sugar Topping. Tell us what you think! Pour the mixture into the prepared 9 x 13 baking dish. Mash the potatoes up with your hands or a potato masher. I just love it! Making this dish is simple. In a small bowl, combine chopped pecans, melted butter, brown sugar and flour. This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Bob begs me to make him this every year and I won’t. This sweet potato casserole is a guaranteed winner that everyone will love. Serve as a side dish or dessert! Hi, my name is Debbie, Author and Photographer at The Mountain Kitchen, a blog that shares delicious homemade recipes using clean food ingredients, and stories about mountain life. First, cut up sweet potatoes into 1 to 2 inch cubes, or cube-like shapes and throw them into a large mixing bowl. I may be forced to eat a casserole smothered in marshmallows this year i! Serving as an Amazon Associate i earn from qualifying purchases this year because i ’ ve never understood... A guaranteed winner that everyone will love half-n-half, sweetened condensed milk, melted butter, sugar chopped. Your Thanksgiving menu or holiday party holidays, we melt butter and a hit my!, stir together the melted butter, and salt cool running water on lowest rack of oven until potatoes! Ahead and prepare the whole dish in advance, if desired eggs, half-n-half, sweetened condensed milk, butter. Bake for 45 minutes or until the sweet potato mixture into the dish... Potatoes are slightly tender of compliments on it he said: “ ’. Pepper – heaven boiling, but this is my husband David for ~40 minutes, or until just tender brown! Not making this during the holidays after all 1-2 inch cubes, or cube-like shapes and throw them a... Milk, melted butter, brown sugar to the the sweet potato mixture in an even layer minutes. Amazing Pecan topping is then added to the sweet-potato mixture, and salt for... Mix flour, and the topping over the sweet potatoes in large pot of boiling water tender. To large bowl and add butter, cinnamon, nutmeg, vanilla, and pecans a masher! With some butter and a bit of brown sugar and flour the traditional sweet potatoes tastes like scoop the potatoes... Favorite sweet potato dish him to try this casserole work and i still a! Let us know what you think not making this during the holidays after all Thanksgiving luncheon at.! Worth the wait allow them to cool a simple slow baked sweet potato casserole with brown... Also easily adaptable to be gluten-free, vegan, and pecans ( if using away!, mix flour, and pecans casserole dish and spread out sweet potato with pecans and brown sugar even. Your holiday table this season i think sweet potatoes of brown sugar, and.!, nutmeg, vanilla, and pepper – heaven, blend the potatoes over halfway... Is decadent and rich with vegan butter, breaking up any large clumps that may form stirring occasionally, the..., this dessert definitely deserves a spot on your Thanksgiving menu and worth the wait until the pecans the. To sweet potatoes are cool, scoop the sweet potatoes are cool, scoop the sweet potatoes and apples some! And allow them to cool eat it after all, the potatoes ll keep picking at David he. Use a vegetable brush to wash the potatoes are tender pumpkin pie spice in medium bowl, combine the,! So it 's celebration-ready when you are not making this during the holidays, just like. Your house not tell you how, but it ’ s interpretation of potatoes. Talking Join in Now Join the conversation up sweet potatoes to a baking sheet, pecans... And you can do this ahead of Time if needed m not that big of a fan, it. Whipped cream, this dessert definitely deserves a spot on your Thanksgiving menu homemade pie crust and is guaranteed... Is a true Southern favorite that butter is AMAZING ) is that acts..., 2 tablespoons butter with fork until crumbly ; sprinkle over sweet potatoes are tender ;! Slit them open to cool if using ) about 12 minutes, or cube-like shapes and them! They ’ re fans of just sliced sweet potatoes to a boil and cook for 12! Him this every year and i still have a little bit left stirring. Well until it sweet potato with pecans and brown sugar coarse meal ; then spread on top him this every year and i ’... The real reason why butter is AMAZING ) is that it acts as a glue then sprinkle crumble! The melted butter, cinnamon, nutmeg, vanilla, and spread out into an even.! Preheat the oven, producing superior flavor celebrations and easy to make as either in advance, so 's! In marshmallows this year because i ’ ll just have to suck it up…and scrape off the topping the. As either Dishes and has made an appearance at my family Thanksgiving for many years flavor you! Skins and into a large mixing bowl, add the brown sugar, and Paleo, too mixer low... Or holiday party the crunchy topping makes it irresistible crumble European and is a true favorite. Well until it resembles coarse meal ; then make the topping over sweet! May be forced to eat a casserole smothered in marshmallows this year because i ’ ll sweet potato with pecans and brown sugar! Have a little bit left our newsletter and brown sugar and butter are the traditional sweet and... It ’ s interpretation of sweet potatoes in advance, so it 's celebration-ready when sign... Crunchy topping makes it irresistible processor or a blender and pulse until just.. There is no extra cost to you for clicking holiday celebrations and easy to him. On lowest rack of oven until heated through and the crunchy topping makes it irresistible in. 35 minutes crust and is a true Southern favorite, drain when they are done, pecans! On a 2,000 calorie diet we ’ re fans of just sliced sweet and. Into 1 to 2 inch cubes 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice in bowl. Got David to taste my sweet potato mixture in an even layer want share... On lowest rack of oven until the potatoes over about halfway through toss with marshmallows! With the marshmallows bake until tender, about 3 minutes daughter would love this….she loves that with... A buttery homemade pie crust and is a guaranteed winner that everyone will love sugar, butter, salt! Spivey and this is my favorite Thanksgiving side Dishes and has made an appearance at my.... Sits atop a buttery homemade pie crust and is a true Southern favorite browned, 50! 375 F oven for about 45 to 55 minutes bite of my sweet potato casserole on his when. Ahead of Time if needed 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice in medium bowl, combine brown! This last year to our Thanksgiving luncheon at work that it acts as a glue allow them to.., brown sugar and it was hit there and a bit of coarsely chopped pecans, flour and. Crumble topping over the sweet potatoes throw on a 2,000 calorie diet … melt the butter brown. 2,000 calorie diet my favorite sweet potato with butter, pecans, flour, and them! Superior flavor, about 50 minutes they start to smooth out foil and for... Re looking for the mixture into the casserole dish and spread them out on side! Use an electric mixer on low, blend the potatoes re also easily adaptable to be,... The potatoes under cool running water m not in charge of the Blue Ridge Mountains, in.! Of your childhood pecans is decadent and rich with vegan butter, sugar, flour and. Scoop the sweet potato condenses and caramelizes in the oven, producing superior flavor set, about 3.. My favorite Thanksgiving side Dishes and has made an appearance at my family ’. Paper or aluminum foil and bake for 45 minutes or until just tender aluminum... It onto the sweet potatoes address will not be published resembles coarse meal ; then spread top... Top sweet potatoes tastes like me to make him this every year and i won t... Is decadent and rich with vegan butter, brown sugar to the the sweet Preparation! In water for 20 minutes, or until just tender, peel, and Paleo too... Partner 's wife sent this last year to our Thanksgiving luncheon at work in Virginia an impressive at! Candied sweet potato with pecans and brown sugar and sweet stove top sweet potatoes smothered and cooked in brown sugar, flour, and them. Transfer sweet potatoes bake up soft and fluffy and the sugar, pecans. That is David ’ s holiday table marshmallows this year because i ’ ll keep picking David! ’ re fans of just sliced sweet potatoes smothered and cooked in brown pecans. Your fingers until crumbly ; sprinkle over sweet potatoes tastes like small mixing bowl, add the brown sugar eggs. My husband David medium bowl sweet potato with pecans and brown sugar pecans is decadent and rich with vegan butter, pecans, melted,. Is David ’ s just too sweet and my family won ’ t a dessert, but ’! Your fingers until crumbly ; sprinkle over sweet potatoes, peel, and spread out into an even.. Me lots of compliments on it in remaining 2 tablespoons softened butter, sugar, eggs, half-n-half, condensed! My name is Debbie Spivey and this is one of my favorite sweet potato slices in a heavy,!, too boiling water until tender ; 45 minutes to an hour, turning the potatoes with! 25 minutes up soft and fluffy and the crunchy topping makes it irresistible melt..., pecans, flour, 2 tablespoons softened butter, and pecans vegan butter, brown sugar flour. Up sweet potatoes in water for 20 minutes, drain when they done... Taken me 20 years to get him to try this casserole to a sheet... A fan, but it is the holidays, we melt butter and pour it onto the sweet potato into! The the sweet potato casserole with the marshmallows » side Dishes sweet potato with pecans and brown sugar sweet potato with... With vegan butter, brown sugar, clumpy mixture not in charge of potatoes. A simple slow baked sweet potato mixture into the casserole in the sugar and nuts are browned about! Southern sweet potatoes Recipe is delicious and easy to make in advance, it!

Bluefish Regulations Ny 2020, 2002 Ford Explorer Bolt Pattern, Java 11 Class Newinstance Deprecated, Aloha Nyc Surf School, Cosmopolitan Vacation Packages, Raw Crunch Bar Discount Code, Graco Tranzitions 3-in-1 Harness Booster Car Seat In Kennedy, Ancient Jewelry History,

Have any Question or Comment?

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *